Diario del capitán, fecha estelar d611.y38/AB
After the outbreak of COVID-19, a lot of people reached out to us to help them to transition to a remote working environment. Some companies were already doing soft-remote, but some had never done it before, so it's proving to be a real challenge for them.
For all kinds of companies and freelancers, we've designed two free online events for this week. Join us!
We have received many requests to help entrepreneurs and companies to transition to the remote working paradigm. Since we know a thing or two about working remotely (check our latest blog post: How to Make Your Remote Working Experience Better), we have organised two online events about How to Work Remotely the Right Way.
Our first event will be with an old friend of ours. Sergio Gago, EVP Technology at Naviga Global, was formerly the CTO of Rakuten in Europe. Since then, he's been CTO at Tangelo Games and Zinio, which was last year acquired by Naviga Global.
We will cover the following topics with Sergio:
- Moving to remote 101: The basics to get started (routines, do's and don'ts, red flags, big fuckups, etc.).
- Security: What to take into account to avoid compromising your data.
- Management: How to manage relationships with clients, investors and employees.
We will wrap up the event with a session of Q&A. This event will be hosted online tonight at 18:00h (6pm CET) and will be conducted in English.
Our second event will be a conversation between two of the founders of MarsBased. Our COO, Jordi Vendrell (former CTO at GreenData) and myself will be leading a conversation, in Spanish, with the following topics:
- Prepárate para trabajar en remoto: Consejos y buenas prácticas para adecuarse a trabajar en casa (material, rutinas, comunicación, herramientas, etc.)
- Gestiona a tus clientes: Consejos para gestionar expectativas, resolver conflictos y prevenir situaciones incómodas.
- Comunícate con tus jefes y/o tus empleados: Qué decir, cómo hacerlo y demás buenas prácticas de comunicación y gestión tanto para arriba como para abajo.
We will wrap up the event with a session of Q&A. This event will be hosted online on Friday 20th at 10:30h (10:30am CET) and will be conducted in Spanish.
Even though the two events overlap a bit in content, they will be entirely different, as the speakers are different and so are their companies. We wanted to cater to all entrepreneurs and people in business around the globe, hence the two languages.
These two events will be online and free for everyone, but limited to 100 people only. So grab your ticket while they last!